Monday 17 August 2009

WHAT A GREAT KICK OFF TO THE CAMPAIGN

Well my 'rocky road' to Wembley kicked off in style last weekend as I started the mammoth charity campaign to follow the FA Cup from the very first round right through to the final.

It started at Wincham Park, Northwich to watch my local side Runcorn Linnets face AFC Emley in the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup.
I was joined by Lawrence Whiston and 196 supporters to watch a superb advert for the game of grass-roots football.
The Linnets triumphed 4-1 with both sides contributing greatly to a thoroughly absorbing FA Cup tie, with a number of excellent goals. For a match report click here.

I raised nearly £90 on the day for Cancer Research UK with further contributions promised as the campaign continues.

The journey now takes me north to Bamber Bridge near Preston for the Preliminary Round.

I can’t thank the people associated with Runcorn Linnets enough for their help with the start of this fundraising effort, in particular chairman Derek Greenwood, Steve Pritchard and Mark Buckley.

They, Linnets supporters and people associated with AFC Emley donated generously and helped make it a dream kick off.


I look forward to seeing them again at Bamber Bridge and making new friends along the way.


To donate simply go along to watch Runcorn Linnets play at Bamber Bridge on Saturday 29th August or go online to www.justgiving.co.uk/richard-knowles

I'll also be tweeting my updates through twitter at http://twitter.com/richthemaster

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the day, Rich, and I think it's a great idea. Hopefully you'll raise a lot of money for Cancer Research UK. Also, as a Linnets fan, I hope we'll be seeing you many more times this season! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be very happy to see you and other Linnets fans for more rounds of the FA Cup.

    I really appreciate the generous hospitality everyone gave me.

    ReplyDelete