Wednesday 19 August 2009

MEDIA COVERAGE

The excellent start to the FA Cup fundraising campaign for Cancer Research UK is now starting to attract good levels of media coverage throughout the north west.

The current levels culminated in a ten minute interview on the 'Football Show' on
BBC Radio Merseyside last night. Thank you to Alan Jackson for the opportunity to publicise this campaign.
Coverage has also appeared in the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool Daily Post and Daily Sport (with only one pair of boobs on!).
Online coverage is on the websites of
Liverpool Echo, Liverpool Daily Post and Runcorn Linnets FC (see below for links)

While coverage publicising the event is great, it's nothing without helping to increase the amount of money donated for Cancer Research UK.

Luckily the online total has already trebled since yesterday and I'm hoping it'll increase further as more people take interest my journey. Here it is for anyone wanting to contribute further to the total
www.justgiving.com/richard-knowles

I also hope the coverage highlights the excellent football that is played at the lower levels of the game and entices people to go and watch their local club - you might be surprised by how entertaining the experience is!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rich, if you would like more publicity for the campaign, then you are welcome to come in as a guest on my Sunday Sports Show on Halton Community Radio. I'm not saying we're as professional as Radio Merseyside, but we are very friendly. The show goes out between 4pm and 6pm every Sunday. If you fancy coming in on 30th August, just drop me a message at mg.scowcroft@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you Twittered the Five Live Sports Team - they're very good, I am sure they'll be interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for offer Michael. Unfortunately I'll be in Ross-on-Wye that day for a rowing regatta. I'll be going straight from Bamber Bridge.

    I'd love to come on in the future though. Maybe the 13th Sept after the 1st qualifying round.

    Kathy, thank you for the hint, I'll send them a tweet now.

    ReplyDelete