Friday 25 September 2009

ROUND 4 IN YORKSHIRE

Another weekend and another 2009 FA Cup tie to go and see, this time venturing further then the previous three rounds put together.

Guiseley AFC is the destination for me, the fundraising team for Cancer Research UK and everyone associated with Bamber Bridge Football Club.

The Yorkshire club are a league above Bamber Bridge and my current team face a difficult task in making it to the next round.

This round is the Second Qualifying Round, with another two rounds after this before the League 1 and 2 clubs enter.

I'm looking forward to the game and what promises to be yet another glorious day for playing football. The weather has been very kind so far.

I'm sure some of you watched the coverage in Granada Reports last night (ITV's regional news programme for the north west). I've had some messages from people I don't know, as well as other messages of support.

The piece was edited by Andrew Lindsay and I must thank him for putting together a great report. Hopefully they'll be another in later rounds!

Back to this weekend and I'll be joined by my brother Rob and Sarah's (my girlfriend) dad and brother Pads. The team should number five as Pads' friend Simon is also looking to come along.

The crowd is expected to be near 400 so I'm hoping we can get a decent collection for the fund.

Thank you to the assistance from everyone at Guiseley AFC; I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

If anyone would like to join us at Guiseley, here's the address and directions - Guiseley AFC directions.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment