Sunday 20 September 2009

COVERAGE & UPDATE

A weekend of league football has now finished and we can now look forward to another round of the 2009/10 FA Cup.

The runcorn2wembley bandwagon faces a trip to Yorkshire on the back of further coverage in the north west media.

Focus this time was on my brother in his local weekly paper, the Southport Visitor. Click here to see the coverage.

Coverage is also expected in the Southport Champion on Wednesday, so look out for it!

In a surprise move my local MP for Weaver Vale, Mike Hall sent me a letter of support for the campaign, something I hope helps to raise the profile of runcorn2wembley and Cancer Research UK.

Thank you to Mike for his support, I hope you can make it to one of the games.
The total money raised has now reached nearly £650 with new offline donations, which I'll adding to the total this week.

A big thank you to everyone at my brother Rob's work (Southport Insurance Brokers) for donations and supporting him with this campaign.

I've just received confirmation that the next game at Guiseley AFC will kick off on Saturday 26th September at 3pm at Nethermoor Park. Click here for directions.

With opponents Bamber Bridge FC having scored 10 goals in the two previous rounds I'm sure it'll be a great game and advert for lower league football.

Guiseley, like Bamber Bridge, Runcorn Linnets and Maine Road have been brilliant in accepting the campaign to their ground and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment