Monday 7 September 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST

As promised last week I've now scanned the Runcorn programme from 1961 featuring my dad, which has tied quite nicely in to the Runcorn2Wembley fundraising campaign for Cancer Research UK.

My dad played for a number of north west sides including Marine, Burscough and Runcorn.
I'm sure he'd love the irony of me starting my campaign with Runcorn this year, something I know is fitting.

A huge thank you to Runcorn Linnets chairman, Derek Greenwood for sourcing the programme and opening up a window in my dad's football career years before I and my brother Robert were born.

I'd welcome any comments from people who either played with my dad or watched him play.

He was still playing regularly until his early 40s, and showed Rob and I the proper way to play the game.

I hope to see many old and new faces at Maine Road FC on Saturday for the FA Cup First Qualifying Round against Bamber Bridge.

Mathc preview to follow later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment