Thursday 25 March 2010

NO HELP FROM THE VILLA

With the FA Cup semi final between Aston Villa and Chelsea just over two weeks away, it's a disappointed editor that writes this update on Runcorn2wembley.

Aston Villa are the team the campaign is following to Wembley after the 4-2 win at Reading in the quarter final.

I've had a couple of weeks break from the campaign as my partner Sarah and I have been having scans on our first baby. Sometimes your priorities can change a little, but I'm back on the case for Runcorn2wembley and battling for coverage and donations to reach the £5,000 target.

Despite communication with Aston Villa the club has declined requests for any help with informing Villa fans about the campaign.

The club supports The Acorns Children's Hospice and has refused to help Runcorn2wembley in any way.

The Acorns Children's Hospice is a fantastic organisation and I don't want Runcorn2wembley to distract from that at all. Therefore I understand why Aston Villa wouldn't want to give lots of backing to the campaign, but to offer nothing is very disappointing.

I've had more contact with The FA and hope to have a little more help from them for the semi-final.

On a final note I'll be missing the spring Frodsham Beer Festival to be at Wembley for the semi final so hope Runcorn2wembley will collect a big amount as we look go from the current total of £4,195.81 to the target of £5,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment